What is Coaching?
“The art of facilitating the performance, learning, and development of another.” Myles Downey
Coaching supports personal and professional growth and development. It is forward moving and future focused. The emphases in a coaching relationship are on action, accountability and follow through.
Why is Coaching cost effective?
Coaching accelerates progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice. It concentrates on where you are today and what you are willing to do to get where you want to be tomorrow. Coaching provides a transformative space for you to experience easier and accelerated growth to move you towards your passion and goals.
Here are seven reasons why it works:
- Pattern interruption. The structure and support of the professional coaching relationship serves to interrupt the unconscious patterns of behaviour‚ creating an opportunity to stop 'business as usual' - consciously look at what is happening and perhaps choose differently. I hold a mirror up enabling you to recognise your patterns.
- Conscious goal commitment. What you focus on expands. If you make a conscious commitment to move forward with a goal or intention, you’ve immediately increased your chances of realising that goal or intention. The more we can flesh out the vision the more real it becomes and the more inevitable.
- Clarity. Coaching helps you to define what you want and how you’re going to get there. Once defined, coaching keeps you moving forward toward the realisation of that goal or intention. Getting real about what you are going to do and when is CRUCIAL. This isn't just entertainment, we want clear results!
- Chunk down the big goals. An ongoing coaching relationship helps you define and take the first step towards that big goal‚ effectively moving out of inertia. You start to think in terms of, “What can I do today to help me move towards my goal?” I am here to keep you on track all the way to the realisation of your goals. I also get you to dream BIGGER; there's less competition for the BIG stuff.. HO! Lets GO!!
- Accountability. Making a commitment, out loud to me increases the consciousness that is brought to that commitment. It is no longer simply something you want to do, but something you have committed to doing. Big difference.
- Real-time feedback. The ongoing conversation and action plan allow for immediate feedback. New ideas or concerns can be quickly addressed and appropriate changes adopted to keep the momentum going. This is REAL, when I work 1-2-1 you have access to me for all those "HELP" moments...
- Inquiry. Questions and answers are at the heart of coaching. Thought and action are inspired through the process of inquiry . . . What do you want? What stands in your way? How are you going to get there?
What kind of return on investment or results can I expect?
Coaching vs. Other Things
Coaching vs. Counselling
Counselling is typically focused on fixing or working through problems, looking back with an emphasis on why things happened the way they did. Coaching might dip briefly into the past to highlight the source of a particular thought or feeling that is holding you back, but the emphasis is on how this informs going forward. Coaching tries not to ask why, but instead asks “where do you want to go from here?” Both Coaches and Counsellors will be fully focused on your agenda, will ask incisive questions and endeavour to empower you.
Coaching vs. Mentoring
Mentors typically share how they have succeeded and encourage their mentee to do similar things. However, what was right for the mentor, might not be right for the mentee. Similar to advice, it comes with the Mentor’s lens of the world. When coaches draw on their own experiences to ask really good questions this benefits the client. Coaching provides insights you might want to consider, while understanding that you are very capable of finding a way forward that suits you and your unique goals. Both encourage you to be curious and questioning
Coaching vs. Consulting
Consultants conduct analysis of their clients situation or business and their job is to recommend a course of action as a result of what they’ve learned using their experience and expertise. The client of a consultant rarely builds their own expertise or capability in the process of the engagement. Coaching supports you in conducting your own analysis, weighing your own options and making your own decisions, empowering you to make your own choices and choose a course of action you deem best for yourself. At the end of a coaching engagement, the client has enhanced their own capability: Equipping and empowering them to handle similar situations in the future without the need for outside assistance. Meaning that you can ‘consult’ with yourself moving forward.
Because there are different needs at each stage of the game, I have two 1:1 packages designed to give you the best support possible based on where you are on your journey. I work with people face to face & virtually.
The options range from a short, sharp, shock to a slower, longer, more in depth dive. All my 1:1 packages are by application and I only work with a very limited amount of people at once to make sure I can give you my full focus.
WAKE UP is a short sharp shock.
KICK ASS is for those of you who are ready to up-level in every area of your life
No matter where you are on your journey from Misfit to Maven - M2M360 is the BEST way to get ongoing support, courage, clarity, confidence and community!
Misfit to Maven 360º - offers on-going support, weekly coaching calls, my signature coaching syllabus, guest trainings and so much more!
Whether you work with me or another coach 1:1 and supplement with this incredible mastermind meets membership, or only do this, I encourage you everyone to join!
I am so passionate about this community that I am currently subsidising the fees for this membership meets mastermind, so that I get to see you THRIVE...